We are delighted that you are considering Joan Dachs Bais Yaakov – Yeshivas Tiferes Tzvi for your child’s chinuch. We are confident that you will find our dedicated Rabbeim, Moros, and Teachers to be instrumental partners in the important role of חינוך הבנים והבנות על טהרת הקודש. Please note that due to increasing enrollment we have very limited space.
Application forms are available in 2 ways:
- The Paper application can be downloaded here or please contact the Applications Coordinator, Mrs. Aliza Olswang, 773-465-8889 ext. 682 to receive one in the mail. Mail or drop off completed forms at 6122 N. California Ave. Chicago, IL 60659.
- Click here to access the online application
Please note the following steps in our application process:
- Once payment is received, your application will be processed by the Executive Office.
- Applications are next reviewed by Rabbi Nosson Muller, Menahel of YTT, as the representative of our Vaad Hachinuch. All new families must meet with the Menahel in person. Families that have previously enrolled children in JDBY-YTT may also need to meet with the Menahel. His office will contact parents to schedule an appointment.
- Upon Vaad Hachinuch approval, you will be contacted to set up an interview with the appropriate school principal specific to your child(ren)’s grade level.
- Upon principal approval, you will receive an acceptance letter.
- Registration and admission are required for all new and existing students and are separate from the application process. Registration information will be provided after Pesach. The admission process is complete when all required forms and payment arrangements are submitted.
The acceptance policy in JDBY-YTT is not to accept students in grades 2 – 8 who are already attending another local day school for the upcoming year.
Students entering Nursery for the 2023-24 school year should be 4 years old by November 30, 2023. Students entering Pre-1A or Kindergarten should be 5 years old by November 30, 2023.
The Nursery program is housed on our 6106-22 N. California campus. The program hours are 8:30 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday, and until 12:00 P.M. on Friday. We offer an optional additional afternoon Nursery program Monday through Thursday from 2:00 to 3:40 P.M, as well.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Mrs. Olswang at 773-465-8889, ext. 682, or email@example.com.
Rabbi Menachem Levine
Chief Executive Officer
Mrs. Malkah Wajchman
Chief Operating Officer