In the current unprecedented situation, we at Joan Dachs Bais Yaakov – Yeshivas Tiferes Tzvi are all working to respond to the ongoing changes in the most sensitive, responsible way possible. There have been numerous discussions amongst the Presidium, Board, and Vaad Hachinuch about the status and collection of tuition for the current year, and ultimately the board has decided to leave all current tuition assessments and payments unchanged, with the caveat that any parent who has a change in their financial situation should please contact the school directly for consideration.
For the coming school year, we were prepared to send out financial aid information before Pesach, as we usually do, but due to the uncertain situation we deferred sending out the information until after Pesach. In light of the ongoing financial crisis that is affecting many families in our community, the board is currently authorizing the following amendments for the 20-21 school year:
• The scheduled tuition increase for full and minimum tuition will be deferred. Minimum tuition will remain $3300 per student; full tuition will remain $13,500.
• If you were assessed for financial aid in the current 19-20 school year, the per child K-8 tuition charge for the current 19-20 school year will remain the same for 20-21.
Therefore there is no need to apply for financial aid other than:
• Families that only have nursery students enrolled in 2019-20
• Newly entering families
• Current full-paying families who would like to apply for financial aid
• If you feel that you are unable to pay the same per child charges as the current school year, you can apply for a reduction
Applications for the upcoming 2020-21 school year are available in 2 ways:
Documents listed below (see item #4) need to accompany your application. Drop the completed application, along with tax documents, into the secure mailbox outside of the Business Office, addressed to the attention of the Tuition Committee, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log onto financialaid.jdbyytt.org
- Set up your username and password or use those you set up last year
- Fill out the application
- Upload all 2019 W-2’s; 1099’s and K-1’s, and your complete 2019 federal tax return. Since the deadline for filing federal tax returns has been extended to July 15, we realize that many families may not have filed their tax returns yet. When your 2019 tax return is completed, please submit all pages, including your business return, if applicable, either via email, uploading on the financial aid portal, or providing a paper copy at the Business Office. Even if you have not yet filed your tax return, you can still provide all 2019 W-2’s, 1099’s, K-2’s, etc. and fill out the application to the best of your ability.
Click here to see the Schedule of Tuition and Fees.
|Applications with documentation (item #4 above) received by 5/15/2020||No Charge|
|Applications with documentation (item #4 above) received from 5/16 – 6/17/2020||$100|
|Applications received after 6/17/20||$250|
Please keep a copy of all documents that you submit. There is a print button on the portal which enables you to print a copy of the application that you submitted.
We recognize that many parents have applied for State Tax Credit scholarships. We hope that every family will receive the maximum grant for which they are eligible. Since this funding is contingent on several factors, including available funding, families should apply for financial aid as usual. Should your family receive STC funding, your tuition obligation will be greatly reduced.
Financial aid is available for K-8 tuition ONLY. There is no financial aid for nursery students. However, in the past, the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago has provided JUF RIGHT START vouchers for students entering a Jewish pre-school for the first time: $2000 for the first child in the family; $500 for siblings. Please see://www.juf.org/youngfamilies/jufRightStart.aspx for details.
For any questions, contact Mrs. Roz Oren at 773-465-8889 x 640 or e-mail email@example.com.
Rabbi Yehoshua Pinkus